miercuri, 15 februarie 2012

Let's talk about: Childhood

I wanted to start this post with a quote, but I didn't find one that sounded good enough for me. I'm sure there are many people that regret the fact they have become adults, just like me, even if they know this is only something natural.

We all want to go back to those days when living was so easy. Our parents would do all for us, of course, when they could do so, but in our eyes that was like the whole world was laying at our feet. We were kings and queens in a world that we had to get out of so that we can make room for the new children that were born after us. I didn't want to grow up. I still don't accept the fact that I grew up. My heart is the same as when I was a child. Sometimes my imagination goes crazy as it did back in those days, I do stuff that only kids would do. I can still go around asking for something from someone with those cute puppy dog eyes and with that cute voice. Mom knows I want something when I do that, just like before.

My childhood was beautiful. I enjoyed my life as a kid alot. To be honest, I wasn't really a good kid. I would always get mom mad at me because I would do something bad, even if I knew it was bad. That was like a revenge for not letting me do something I wanted, even if that was also a bad thing. I'm an adventurous person, I like to try new things without considering the fact that it might be wrong. You know what they say, people learn from their mistakes, but if you don't make them, how can you learn? That is the exact same thing that I was thinking back then. I guess, in a way, I never had a childhood since my mind could analyze and think logically from that young age.

I remember that when I went to my grandparents during the summer, since there is a region where people own gardens and they have to make their own hay so that they could feed the animals, I would go with my grandparents. Don't imagine I would do some work. Hell no. For me it was an adventure. I have lost count many years ago of all the trees I climbed into.

 Of course, not always things went the way I wanted. Once I went with my grandmother to visit one of her brothers. While we were there I saw that he had a Mulberry tree ("Dud" for romanians ^^) and I so love those fruits. My cousin, well actually she is mom cousin but she is the same age as me so I say she is my cousin, wanted some but she was afraid to climb the tree. Me being me, I started to climb the tree and eat as much as I could without carrying if she comes or not. I went all the way up to the top of the tree and that is when fear started to develop inside of me. I was so afraid to climb down, because I never thought that the tree was so tall. But, in the end, I started to calm myself down and climb down slow, until I could reach the earth. That's when my feet started to feel numb, and I almost fell down.

There are many wonderful things, in a way or another XD, that I have done in my childhood. To talk about all of those that I could still remember, it would take a while, so I'm not going to do so. Because I'm not in the mood now, I will try to put some photos from my childhood in this post tomorrow. 

Un comentariu:

  1. i didn't have a childhood involving going up on trees in grandma's village since i had no grandparents living in villages, but i still had my share of adventures.
    some things i want to change and some i want to keep. i must say that putting aside the bad memories, i had a pretty awesome childhood. not like kids these days who only sit in front of the PC playing WOW & LOL all day instead of having real fun outside in the dirt & sun during summers.

    RăspundețiȘtergere