miercuri, 5 octombrie 2016

Wednesday favorites: Fear Me, Fear Me Not



https://s3.amazonaws.com/netgalley-covers/cover98093-medium.png


     I received this book as an ARC from Elodie herself, so here is my review.

     I freaking love this book. I can't say it's one of the best books I read so far, but it's definitely different and special: you have romance and you have thriller, all in one book. It kept me on needles as I was reading more, as I was turning from one page to the other, as the action was moving to the next stage.


     And I have to admit, I'm putting this book in the category of books that I couldn't predict. I thought the killer was someone else, but then I got the surprise of my life when I got near the end of the book. I was so not expecting that, at all. I was like "What???!!!!", as more secrets were revealed, as more action was passing. And I am good at predicting, even when authors hide their little secrets in the titles of the chapters.


     I do like when writers use a lot of details when they describe their characters or when they want you to know more about them, which is not the case right now, but I guess that didn't fit with the theme of the book. So, it definitely isn't a normal romance book. And also, I loved that the characters had a history together, and it doesn't start with your typically boy/girl meets girl/boy for the first time and they just fall in love.  




Synopsis:

SCREAM meets FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS in this new young adult romantic suspense novel by Elodie Nowodazkij. 


Fear is power. They fear me. They don’t fear me enough. Every year a girl disappears in Gavert County, Texas. Their bodies are found days, sometimes months, later with an angel wing carved on their face. They call me “the Angel Killer” and I’m on the hunt again. But this time, it’s personal. 



Seventeen-year-old cheerleader Erin Hortz has been warned about the Angel Killer all her life. She never walks alone in the dark. She doesn’t talk to strangers. She doesn’t accept drinks at parties. All she wants is to finish her senior year with a win at the Miss Junior Queen of Hearts pageant, capture the perfect light over the lake with her new camera, and finally catch the attention of her best friend Nadia’s brother—former football star Dimitri Kuklev. Since his injury, they’ve been spending a lot of time together. And getting to know the real Dimitri—not the one she put on a pedestal in her diary is better than she could ever have imagined. And she’s falling hard. 


Nineteen-year-old Dimitri’s injury brought him from football superstar with universities from all around the country knocking at his door to not knowing what he wants to do with his life. Taking classes at the local community college is supposed to get him back on track, but all he wants is to be on the field again. The only person who seems to understand him is the one he swore to keep in the friend zone: Erin. His sister Nadia’s best friend and the reason why he can’t keep a girlfriend. Between their early morning jogs, their time spent at the lake laughing, and their late night conversations, he’s having a hard time remembering why it’s such a bad idea. 


But when Nadia doesn’t come home after a party, Dimitri and Erin know they must find her before it’s too late—even if that means risking their own lives and everything Erin’s ever known.

Because the main suspect is Erin’s father.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu