marți, 11 octombrie 2016

Wednesday favorites: The Mortal Instruments

    For the past a month and a half I read all the books from the Mortal Instruments series, and I have to say the journey was magical, full of emotions and heartbreaking from the beginning till the end. I bought the first 4 books over a year ago, but I never had the time and the heart to start reading the books, because I saw the movie and I knew I will be amazed by the books and that I wouldn't want to put the first book down without having the next one to read, without having the last book of the series.

     I can't talk about each book, because the story starts in book one and ends in book 6, so we have a continuous story line that can't be broken into 6 parts. You discover the magical world of shadowhunters and you begin to wish for it to be true: you want the runes of the shadowhunters, you want the magic of the warlocks, you want the power of the vampires and you want the beauty of the elves. In other words, you want everything.

     You can't help but notice the development of the main characters: Clary becoming from a normal person, a mundane, to a powerful shadowhunter, one that possesses special powers that will help her put order in the disturbed world of the shadowhunters, one that will remain in the history; Jace, becoming from a person that only knows how to fight, how to push everyone away, how to be prepared to die every time he goes in combat, to a person that knows how to love and how to live for the person he loves; Alec, becoming from a person who is afraid of expressing his feelings and who follows the rules of the Clave, to a person who wants to fight along everyone and who fights for the one he loves and for them to be together; Isabelle, becoming from the cold queen, that will step on your heart with her high heels, to the girls that finally finds love and is not afraid to reject it, but actually to embrace it; Simon, becoming from a simple mundane, with a normal life next to his best friend, to someone able to accept the changes in his life.

     Of course, there are other characters, important to the action, that need to be mentioned like Luke, Jocelyn, Sebastian, Maia, Jordan, Valentine, but the above 5 are the ones that matter the most. The action revolves around those 5, even if at times the books give you the impression it is either about Jace, Clary, Valentine or Sebastian. The main 5 makes the story happen, it makes it spin. 

     Yes, I am impressed by the books, and do I need to mention? Hi, I'm Alexandra, I'm 28 years old, and I freaking love the story of the Mortal Instruments series. Oh, and I need to say I am impressed by something else. I am Romanian, so it was a shocking moment for me when Jace and Sebastian we talking in Romanian. I had to read that part 3 times before my mind to fully process what I was reading. I mean, one, they are really talking in Romanian even in the original book in english, and two, it's a book where vampires exist, but they are not the ones talking in Romanian. This is a plus, a big plus from me, because Cassandra didn't use the ultimate stereotype everyone uses in a book with vampires: vampires come from Romania.

     So, if you want to be hooked up in a series for some time, please start reading the Mortal instruments. You won't regret it.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu