miercuri, 25 aprilie 2012

Let's talk about: Artistic skills

     Okay, I know I promised I would post something yesterday, but I was a little busy with a project I need for when I'll finish college this summer, if I want to get my Master degree. Now I grabbed my can of Coca Cola and I am ready to write about my artistic skills. 

     I should start with telling you guys that I don't have a cool voice when it comes to singing. At least, that's my opinion. I don't know what others opinions are because I'm pretty sure nobody heard me singing ... besides my family  when I was little maybe. I really don't sing around people unless I'm at a concert and I know that the music is so loud they can not hear me at all. I know I know, for someone who listens to music as much as I do, I should have in a way or another have a little bit of voice (because I usually sing when I listen to music), but that never happened. Since this part is cleared, let's move on now. ^^

     Please let me tell you a little story. When I was young, until my 5th grade, all my drawings for school (because we had a class like that once a week) were done by my mom. Yes, I could not draw something beautiful at all. It was like my right hand was on a strike for life. I never thought I would ever be able to do draw and paint something. I don't know what happened, but when I was 11 years old, I started to draw, not beautiful or like an artist, but it was better than before. Trust me, much better. I'm so sorry I don't have some of the drawings since I was young, because you would see what I'm talking about. I remember that in my 7th grade we had to draw with a pencil (that means only black and white....and gray) different objects or flowers and we had to include shadows as well. That's when the magic happened. My drawings were finally beautiful. It was not looking like a 2 or 3 years old kid drew them.

     Since I went to high school, I didn't have that drawing class anymore, so for years I didn't draw at all. That was the period I started to watch anime again and read manga. Because of those, when I was in my first year of college I started to come across different people that drew in an anime style, but with them adding a little bit of their own style into it. That's when I found about a website: www.deviantart.com.

     Because I was seeing that everyone was welcomed on that website as long as you can draw, I started to draw again. Here are some drawings of that time.



     But I was looking more and more at other peoples works of art (really, some are really really really gorgeous) and I realized that those drawings were colored on a computer and not by hand. Now let me tell you, I heard about Photoshop before, but I thought I was never going to be able to learn how to use it since I thought it was really complicated. Not even today I don't know every aspect of this program but I sure did improved over the years.
















  Over the time I came to use another program from Adobe, and that is Illustrator to make the lines of my drawings. I don't know if this is still counted as drawings since all of them are done digital (I haven't draw by hand lately) but I love how they look, and from time to time I still draw since this is my hobby. I'm just sad that months ago one of my hard drives decided to have a nervous break down and die. That means no more room for Photoshop on my current hard drive. 

     Here's a small comparison of between two of my drawings: (keep in mind that the first drawing has a transparent background, that's why when I put the two of them together it ended with a white background)

4 comentarii:

  1. i like that little angel drawn by pencil...and all sailor moon drawings <3 xD
    but all of them are good...
    i kind of regret it now that i stopped drawing...but to be honest i don't feel like doing it again...i'd rather write poems but i don't really have enough inspiration >.<

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Nice work!
    Keep on drawing and visit my blog for some "old school" illustrations: http://he2mms.blogspot.com.br/

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. @jean Thank you.
    Now I want to read some of your poems ^^

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. @artista sem pena Thank you. Your works area good too.
    Now I don't really have time, but when I will I'm sure I will draw something

    RăspundețiȘtergere