sâmbătă, 19 mai 2012

Small Kpop MV review: JJ Project - Bounce

     I know that lately most of my post are about Kpop, but there are so many comebacks and debuts of bands I love that I can't help to write about them. Today I'm going to make a review for JJ Project. JJ Project (because of the last word, it makes me think this is a subgroup of a future to debut band - something like how things were in B.A.P.'s case - or this is made just for the fun and the members will be actually be apart of two separate bands) is a band created by JYP, with two members: JB and JR that we all got to know in Dream High 2.

     They really showed their skills in the drama, JR is like a dance machine and JB has a really cool voice, so I was expecting a great debut from them. And I got it, with a few bad things attached to it.


     The song has a fast rhythm, one that I love, but I have the impression that I'm listening to 4 different songs: a hip-hop song (I think I can hear a little bit of old school hip-hop and it makes me think of Lil Mama's songs), a rock song (even if JB says "rock'n roll" there is no freaking rock'n roll, because it's actually pure rock), a house song (it does not make me remember of the club songs these days but the old house songs - like Basshunter songs) and I guess a pop song (I really can't name JB's part anything else but pop). The things is, because these music genres, the flow of the song changes and you can feel it right way because the difference is so big from one genre to another. Overall, the song is really good, but if I were in JYP's place, I wouldn't have tried to put 4 music genres in 1. Maybe two the most, but definitely not four.


    The fast rhythm makes you want to dance, which is a good thing (you don't want to see me dancing right now). I really enjoy the part where they go "Now everybody bounce bounce let it bounce bounce" and I'm like jumping with them and when the rock part starts I go all headbanging (this song gets the rocker out of me). After listening to the song for a couple times (what couple?? I'm at my 6th listening right now :)) ), I realized it's really catchy. That's a good thing, because catchy songs makes you listen to them more and more.


     Anyway, remember people:
Keep calm and bounce!!!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu